Serving : 1 dozen cookies
Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 10
Total time: 25
Cookies crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
The conventional recipe is to use supermarket semi-sweet chocolate chips. For a cafe bakery taste and sophistication, use K&W Milk or Dark couverture (milk or dark). The couverture will also balance the sweetness of the dough. Leave the couverture in small chunks for a chunky mouthfeel or shave the couverture for a smoother texture.
Be sure to spread the dough in even sizes on the baking tray.
Have fun baking!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened couverture (shavings)
- 2/3 cup and 1 tablespoonchopped almond
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- Add dissolved baking soda to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour, shaved couverture, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.