Frequently Asked Questions
Delivery & Collection, Payment, Customer Service
Spend $50 and get free shipping!
We deliver your chocolates 365 days a year through our various delivery partners
All orders can be delivered in 2 calendar days.
We charge a flat $10 rate for each delivery address. We DO NOT profit from delivery charges.
Want to send your chocolates on a world tour out of Singapore? Sure. Talk to us.
Our default payment methods are PayPal or Direct Bank Transfer. However, we are happy to consider other payments options such as PayNow, PayLah etc. Contact us with how you would rather pay and we will get back to you within 1 working day.
About Our Artisan Chocolates
Apart from our online shop and our regular pop up stalls (follow us on Facebook and Instagram to be the first to know!), you can find our chocolates:
We’ll be upfront with you. Someone saying their chocolate is artisan can mean a lot or completely nothing at all.
Here are 8 reasons why OUR artisan chocolates are superior to any mass market chocolates you can find in Singapore:
- Ethical. Our chocolates are ethical and not a result of human exploitation
- No vegetable oil. Know that unpleasant stuck-in-your-throat feeling when you eat ‘chocolates’? That’s mostly due to cheap vegetable oils used to fill the chocolates. Our chocolates do not use vegetable oil fillers.
- Sustainable. Our chocolates are made from sustainable cocoa
- Not just sugar. Our chocolates are not stuffed with sugar to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Handmade with a personal connection.
- Our chocolates are handmade with a personal connection to you, the eater.
- For example, the Monsieur Truffe Honeycomb and Caramel specks so highly rated by our customers is made in-house by hand
- Premium Cocoa.
- Our chocolates uses quality cocoa
- Our chocolates, by its artisan nature, are produced in smaller batches than mass market chocolates. It is rare and exclusive.
You may already know this but your supermarket chocolates are VERY cheap. How can they be so cheap? Well, some would argue that such chocolates are a result of child labour and human exploitation bordering on modern day slavery
We believe in paying for a fair price for cocoa. Our chocolate makers do too. That is why they create Fairtrade, direct cocoa, ethical chocolates.
- Click here for a listing of artisan and ethical chocolates
You probably heard how dark chocolates are good for you – how it is high in antioxidants and nutrition. Here are 3 recent claims:
- Lowered risk for coronary heart diseases
- A study conducted by America’s National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute concluded that “chocolate consumption is inversely associated with prevalent coronary heart disease”
- Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20858571
- Lower Body Mass Index
- Yes. Lower BMI. Researchers found a correlation between EATING chocolates and a lower BMI in a 2012 study. No. Wait. No. They found a correlation between eating chocolates FREQUENTLY and a lower BMI. So eat chocolates FREQUENTLY!
- This is not a quack study. 1018 participants studied at the University of California, San Diego.
- Source: http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1108800
- Induce better moods
- Possibly the most important reason to eat chocolates – this 2013 Australian study found significant increases in calmness and contentedness due to chocolate consumption. This finding, the researchers say, “provides a rationale for exploring whether cocoa polyphenols can ameliorate the symptoms associated with clinical anxiety or depression”
- Source: http://jop.sagepub.com/content/27/5/451
- Read our blog for more on chocolate and health
- Now… who wants some heart, waist, memory, blood flow and blood pressure friendly chocolates?
Got a special event (e.g., Your Wedding/A Corporate event/Secret Santa etc.) and would like one-of-a-kind artisan chocolates? Sure! We love to help. Talk to us. Bulk discounts may apply!
Sure, we would love to hear from you. Talk to us.
Our chocolates are artisan and handmade – i.e., it takes time to produce.
Our chocolates are in high demand – i.e., supplies can be thin.
If you are signed in, you can choose to pre-order and when it arrives, you’ll be the first in Singapore to have it when it comes in.
Alternatively, you can talk to us.
Good for you! Check out our recipes!
General Questions about Chocolates
The simple answer is cacao and cocoa is the same thing. Coca is something else altogether. You can discover that yourself. See our blog post on this
Exactly like how you used to do it: get chocolate out of packaging, eat, and store remainder.
It may be artisan chocolates but we believe that you shouldn’t have to read a guidebook, adhere to a special time of the day, or get a perfect temperature setting to enjoy a good ol’ chocolate.
For those who are a little blue-blooded, read our blog post on how to eat chocolate like the pros.
Did you say you are preparing for a PhD in Chocolate Science? Here are some excellent starting resources:
Chocolate: The definitive guide: http://www.amazon.com/CHOCOLATE-DEFINITIVE-GUIDE-Sara-Jayne-Stanes/dp/1904943128
Got a specific question? Talk to us!
Bloom is a white or tannish colour that affects the surfaces of chocolates due to condensation, warm temperature and extended storage.
A sugar bloom is marked by a dull white/tannish surface colour while a fat bloom results in a shiner, greasy colour. Sugar blooms are residual sugar crystals from water vapour evaporation while fat blooms are residual cocoa butter crystals that have recrystallised on the surface of the chocolate.
The taste of the chocolate is not affected and remains safe for consumption.
Our strong recommendation is to devour our chocolates as soon as possible.
If however, you would like to rationally ration your stock of award-winning, artisan chocolates, we recommend a cool (less than 18 degrees celsius) and dark area away from direct sunlight. Minimise temperature fluctuations.
Dietary Restrictions and Allergen Information
In every one of the product descriptions, we point out the following ingredients if they are present:
- Tree Nuts
- Eggs: None of our chocolates contain eggs